-----Original Message-----
From: psci-com: on public engagement with science
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Phillips, Rhys
Sent: 2012-March-12 15:25
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PSCI-COM] Sci-com and the PhD

> But yes, if you want to go on telly or the radio or guardian blogs
whatever and opine about about science, you'll need a PhD. Noone wants to
listen to an autodidactic oik.

Well that's just not true. There are several TV and Radio science presenters
who don't have PhD's - some don't even have science degrees at all - and are
still very good (in my opinion) and successful presenters.

--
Rhys Phillips
Lightning, Electrostatics & EMH