No - we only allow a couple of sponsors, but most of our School Link secondary schools to use Proportal .
We have not received any demand from parents and would be extremely cautious of going down that route because of the minefield of dealing with parents and carers who are separated from each other and all the "who has the best interests of their child" matters.
ProMonitor is available to all our students via our intra net. Unusually, I did receive one request from one student to have access from outside college so I gave her a log in to ProPortal. I can't see that we would roll this out to everyone, but are happy to do so on demand.
Peter

Sent: 08 March 2012 12:19
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: ProPortal / ProMonitor

Hi

Sorry that this is slightly off topic

We are thinking of starting to deliver Reports to Parents and Guardians through ProPortal, and allowing Parents to login and see them, instead of sending reports through the post.

1)      Do you use ProPortal like this and if so, what safeguards / documentation do you use to ensure accuracy of parental details / Data Protection

2)      How do you internally separate parents that don't have web access to still get hard copy reports against those who are delivered electronically (if that makes sense)

and

3)      Do you allow learners to change their own Address / Phone number details through ProPortal and have the change request go into ProSolution?

Thanks

Adrian
Middlesbrough College

MIDDLESBROUGH COLLEGE DISCLAIMER:
Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this message and may be subject to legal privilege.

Access to this e-mail by anyone other than the intended recipient is unauthorised. If you have received this email in error or are not the intended recipient (or responsible for delivery of the message to such a person), you may not use, copy, distribute or deliver to anyone this message (or any part of its contents ) or take any action in reliance on it. In such cases, you must destroy this message and notify the sender immediately.

Middlesbrough College employees are forbidden to make any sexual, racial or otherwise defamatory statements, infringe or authorise infringement of copyright or any other legal right within any communication. Any such communication is contrary to the College's Acceptable Use Policy and outside the scope of the employment of the individual concerned. The College will not accept any liability in respect of such a communication and the employee responsible will be personally liable for any damages or action arising.

No employee or agent is authorised to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of Middlesbrough College with another party via email without the express written authorisation from a senior member of staff from Middlesbrough College.

The views, opinions, conclusions and other information expressed in this email are not given or endorsed by Middlesbrough College unless otherwise indicated by an authorised representative independent of this message.

All reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure no viruses are present in this e-mail. The College does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this e-mail or attachments. We recommend that you subject any such emails or attachments to your virus checking procedures prior to use.
This mail list is run by users of the ProSolution Student Management & Information System and is not directly connected with Compass Computer Consultants. Please ensure that you test any ideas provided on this list on your TRAINING SYSTEM before implementing them on your LIVE SYSTEM. The owners of this list and Compass Computer Consultants Limited accept no liability for any loss resulting from this list. Should you be unsure, please contact ProSolution Support on 01928 725522 or email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.