Dear Colleague,

We are pleased to announce that registration is now open for the "24th Annual Workshop on Recent Developments in Electronic Structure Theory," to be held June 5-8, 2012 at Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC, USA. For details about the workshop and how to register and submit an abstract, please visit http://es12.wfu.edu

With generous support from Wake Forest University and other sources, we have been able to make the workshop very affordable. It is even more affordable if you take advantage of our early registration, which lasts until May 1, 2012. The Workshop schedule will include a program of oral presentations, poster sessions, and discussion forums on topics of interest to the electronic structure community. There will be a reception on the evening of June 5th and the conference dinner on the evening of June 6th.  With the help of the international organizing committee, a program of oral presentations was developed and 23 speakers have now confirmed their attendance. In addition, all participants are encouraged to present posters. We will also be offering "best" poster prizes to students and postdocs.

We hope you will take time to attend the workshop, as it brings together active participants in electronic structure theory from universities, colleges, institutes, and laboratories around the world. The invited presentations and contributed posters will describe new methods for computing previously inaccessible properties of materials, breakthroughs in computational efficiency and accuracy, and novel applications of these methods to the study of molecules, liquids, and solids. The workshop represents a valuable opportunity for students, postdocs, and senior researchers alike to present their ideas and learn from each other. This annual workshop series was started by David M. Ceperley and Richard M. Martin (Physics, University of Illinois) in 1989. Previous workshop locations are listed at: http://www.mcc.uiuc.edu/workshops/electronicstructure

We look forward to seeing you at Wake Forest University this June!

With best regards,

Timo Thonhauser
Natalie Holzwarth
Akbar Salam

ES12 Electronic Structure Workshop  --  June 5-8, 2012
Wake Forest University,  Winston-Salem,  NC 27109, USA
Web: http://es12.wfu.edu   Email: [log in to unmask]

--
Akbar Salam
Associate Professor and Ollen R Nalley Fellow

t: (336) 758 3713 f: (336) 758 4656

To join or leave the molecular-dynamics-news email list, go to: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/molecular-dynamics-news.html