How kind

I think the discussion was very fruitful, and I am glad Amanda started the ball rolling, as the outcome was a raised awareness of the role of the library, and the lamentable progress that has been made.

Best wishes all
I am counting my posts!

From: lis-pub-libs: UK Public Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Toni Franck
Sent: 22 March 2012 10:56
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: IT in the library

Dear Frances

Keep up the good work!

Sincerely, Toni

-----Original Message-----
From: David Fay <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 23:36
Dear Amanda

Although there were lots of replies to your original post, they were only from around 23 people. Frances Hendrix alone shared her opinion 20 different times (I reckon that's about 19 too many). Most of the replies were sensible and spot on but let's not start imaganing some domesday scenario: a "pathetic story of decline and lack of vision and guts!" (to quote you know who). Most libraries are very successfully doing this day in, day out, it's really not a problem.

David Fay (Writing in a personal capacity)

P.S. Frances, resist the urge to reply, you know you can do it!