***Apologies for cross-posting***
ESRC Studentship in Information Science 2012
Deadline for applications: 30th March 2012
Eligibility: UK and EU nationals
The Scottish DTC Pathway in Information Science is pleased to announce the availability of an ESRC-funded PhD studentship in Information Science beginning in September 2012. This studentship is offered as part of the Scottish Graduate School of Social Science.
The Information Science Pathway is a collaborative activity involving the following institutes:
· Edinburgh Napier University, Institute for Informatics and Digital Innovation
· Robert Gordon University, Department of Information Management
· University of Glasgow, Humanities Advanced Technology and Information Institute
· University of Strathclyde, Department of Computer and Information Sciences
Interested applicants should apply directly to the university where they believe their research interests are best represented by staff research activity, signalling their interest in being considered for an ESRC studentship.
As applications need to be checked for eligibility and supported by a potential supervisor, you are advised to make contact with your chosen department as soon as possible, and well in advance of the final deadline.
By 30 March 2012, you should provide the following application materials to your university contact:
· Additional information: Check with the institution to which you are applying to establish whether any additional application material is required
For information on information science research activities at specific institutes applicants are advised to visit the following web pages or contact the person indicated below:
Edinburgh Napier http://www.csi.napier.ac.uk/
Contact: Professor Hazel Hall [log in to unmask]
Contact: Dr Ian Anderson [log in to unmask]
Robert Gordon http://www4.rgu.ac.uk/abs/research/page.cfm?pge=5244
Contact: Dr Simon Burnett [log in to unmask]
Contact: Professor Forbes Gibb [log in to unmask]
The allocation of the award will be determined by the governance committee established for the pathway.
General information on ESRC scholarships can be found at: http://www.esrc.ac.uk/funding-and-guidance/guidance/postgraduates/index.aspx