-----Original Message-----
From: Corrigan, Lynn [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 28 March 2012 13:04
To: Taylor, Wendy
Subject: RE: [CIG-E-FORUM] Welcome!

A bit late joining in but just back in the office.

Though I'm a systems librarian rather than a cataloguer, I maintain close links with cataloguing - our data is our capital.

I recently gave a presentation to CIGS on some of the benefits, and one of the elements I emphasised was that twitter allows people to interact at the level they feel comfortable with. Some people I know only tweet around conferences, some purely professional, some allow their personality to peep through. There is less 'intimacy' for want of a better term than e.g. Facebook, and less need to commit to (sometimes lengthy) debates on email lists/blogs. The nature of twitter allows for a drop-in/drop-out strategy, which to be honest fits much better around most people's working lives

Lynn

@lynncorrigan

Lynn Corrigan
Information Systems Manager
Edinburgh Napier University
Merchiston Campus
Edinburgh EH10 5DT

e: [log in to unmask]
t: 0131 455 4265

Edinburgh Napier University is one of Scotland's top universities for graduate employability.  93.2% of graduates are in work or further study within six months of leaving. The university is also proud winner of the Queen's Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education 2009, awarded for innovative housing construction for environmental benefit and quality of life.

This message is intended for the addressee(s) only and should not be read, copied or disclosed to anyone else outwith the University without the permission of the sender. It is your responsibility to ensure that this message and any attachments are scanned for viruses or other defects.
Edinburgh Napier University does not accept liability for any loss or damage which may result from this email or any attachment, or for errors or omissions arising after it was sent. Email is not a secure medium. Email entering the University's system is subject to routine monitoring and filtering by the University.

Edinburgh Napier University is a registered Scottish charity.
Registration number SC018373

 To report this e-mail as Spam, please forward it to:  [log in to unmask]

--

DISCLAIMER:

and any attachments from your system.

those of RNIB.