Have you checked the dictionary cif calls them L-peptide?

Eleanor

The header should look like this..

# data_comp_list loop_ _chem_comp.id _chem_comp.three_letter_code
_chem_comp.name _chem_comp.group _chem_comp.number_atoms_all
_chem_comp.number_atoms_nh _chem_comp.desc_level ALA ALA 'ALANINE '

--
Professor Eleanor Dodson
YSNL, Dept of Chemistry