Seems to be someone is trying to save money!  There is a danger the equality is seen simply to equal compliance to legislation.  This is not the agenda we are trying to pursue as we have more of a developmental approach to encourage, for example, academics to teach in an inclusive way
Chris

From: HE Administrators equal opportunities list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Hilary Lowe
Sent: 26 March 2012 15:10
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: E&D posts - what is included

Dear all
This follows on from where posts are situated.  At the School, there is a proposal to create a Compliance and Equality post and I have been told that the plan is to incorporate compliance with health and safety in the role - which is very odd especially as we have many laboratories ( including category 3).
Can people let me know if their posts include any health and safety.
Many thanks
Hilary

Hilary Lowe
Equality and Diversity Manager
Personnel & Payroll Office
Room G24
London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
Keppel Street
London WC1E 7HT

tel:  + 44 (0) 20 7927 2644

Please consider the environment and think before you print

University of the West of Scotland aims to have a transformational influence on the economic, social and cultural development of the West of Scotland and beyond by providing relevant, high quality, inclusive higher education and innovative and useful research.

Visit www.uws.ac.uk for more details

University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity. Charity number SC002520.

Legal disclaimer

The information transmitted is the property of the University of the West of Scotland and is intended only for the person or entity
to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Statements and opinions expressed in this e-mail may not represent those of the company.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination and other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you received this in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.