From: "conor deasy" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, 8 March, 2012 10:33:43 AM
Subject: Re: loan severe headache

Adrian - Slow down Tiger!!
Do we need to be so quick as to 'Reverse warfarin irrespective of CT.' The Ottawa folks tell us that the sensitivity a modern third generation CT is 100% (97.0% to 100.0%), specificity of 100% (99.5% to 100%), negative predictive value of 100% (99.5% to 100%), and positive predictive value of 100% (96.9% to 100%) if done for suspected SAH within 6hrs of headache onset (Perry JJ, BMJ 2011 Jul 18). What if she's on warfarin for her mechanical valve??
Looking forward to catching up in Dublin at ICEM 2012 - looks like a great line up.
Conor Deasy
Emergency Physician,
Alfred Hospital, Melbourne.