Hi Anson,

In more recent versions of VBM5.1 I have used an iterative approach to apply the MRF filter. The MRF is applied until no meaningful changes cannot be found. This helps to adapt to the existing noise levels in the images. These segmentations are indicated with _aHMRF.
However, I would strongly recommend to rather use VBM8.

Regards,

Christian