Dear Soha,

>For example in my models I am getting big negative DCM.F values (up to -1200),

The absolute value of F is unimportant. What matters is how different F’s are for different models.

>DCM. Ce values are above 0.1

This means the error SD is sqrt(0.1)=0.316. This can only be interpreted in relation to the size of the signal.

Inferences about model parameters are based on the posterior density – these take into account both signal and noise.

Similarly, inferences about models.

> In DCM10 version, BMS algorithm compare the models based on AIC or BIC criteria or it started to take free energy difference into account?

We recommend using the Free Energy. See our recent paper: Neuroimage. 2012 January 2; 59(1): 319–330.

doi:  10.1016/j.neuroimage.2011.07.039

This paper also looks at model selection as a function of SNR.

Best wishes,

Will.