Thank you John, for the guidance. Actually I was running the code with the user interface and still it was happening; so I m not sure if it happens because of some other changes or not. But anyway this problem is solved now as I put the values as described by you and it works. However the results of co-registration are really bad (as inspected visually). I m working on the mice data and also using the spmmouse plugin to make it compatible with the mice data. I also did the manual registration first and tried to bring the two images as close as possible and then run the automatic co-registration of spm, but still the co-registration results are really bad in terms of that it cut part of one image while co-registering. Thus in the end we have co-registered images, but part of them is cut down... is there any solution or any suggestion to achieve better co-registration ?
Thanks a lot
best regards,
Qasim

Qasim Bukhari

Research Assistant and Doctoral Candidate

Institute for Biomedical Engineering

ETH and University Zurich

Wolfgang-Pauli-Strasse 27, HIT E22

webpage: http://www.micro.biol.ethz.ch/people/sybukhar/index