When you include covariates, make sure you fully described how they were
centered (and whether you allowed the relationship between your DV and
covariate to vary by group) and how that effects the interpretation of the
group differences; then I see no problem.

You just need to be clear as to what is being tested. For example, if you
have a covariate that is different in each group and you center based on
the overall mean, then you want to state you are testing the difference in
the covariate-adjusted group means, rather than the actual difference in
group means.

Best Regards, Donald McLaren
=================
D.G. McLaren, Ph.D.
Research Fellow, Department of Neurology, Massachusetts General Hospital
and
Harvard Medical School
Website: http://www.martinos.org/~mclaren
Office: (773) 406-2464
unintentionally, please immediately notify the sender via telephone at
(773)
406-2464 or email.