Hello,

I am hoping you might be able to help. I am looking for published
research that has been carried out with 'lay publics' which presents
their perspectives/opinions about public engagement with science
(preferably health science). I have tried searching terms generally but
have found very little empirical research so far from the perspective of
the public. I was thinking that evaluation data from specific public
engagement activities/initiatives may provide a rich source of public
opinion but I am still having little luck in finding such research. The
kind of initial broad questions I'm looking to find answers for are:

·What does public engagement mean to lay publics?

·How do they define/discuss it?

·What activities do they describe/think of as public engagement?

·If involved in a public engagement with science activity, what are
their opinions about it?

I was wondering if anyone might be able to point me in the right
direction of any published or unpublished information that may help to
answer some of these questions please? I appreciate that public
engagement with science is a very broad area, but at this early stage of
my work I am looking very broadly to try and build a picture of what
exists so if anything at all comes to mind I'd really appreciate it if
you could drop me a very quick email.

Many thanks,

Jenny

--