Apologies for cross-posting

Booking is now open for the upcoming one-day conference.

E-Books: Experiences and Future Directions

A Joint Higher Education and NHS Event for Library Staff

University of the West of England, Bristol. Monday 23 April 2012

10:00 – 16:00 (registration and refreshments from 09:00).

E-books are very much part of what we do, yet the market is complex and constantly changing. We have yet perhaps to understand fully the benefits they have the potential to offer to our students and staff.

This day will provide delegates with an opportunity

  • to learn from experiences and share professional knowledge
  • to hear about latest trends and consider next steps
  • to engage with colleagues who have tried out new approaches
  • to debate with aggregators and publishers the challenges of this medium

There will be an opportunity to put your questions to the panel of presenters and to try out a range of e-book readers.

Funded jointly by University of the West of England Bristol and the NHS, this event is free of charge to those in the NHS, further and higher education sectors and public libraries. If you are interested in participating, and work outside these sectors, please contact us for prices at [log in to unmask] or on 0117 32 82404.

This promises to be a challenging, stimulating and enjoyable day.

The venue is situated close to Bristol Parkway station and has good motorway links, being near to the M4/M5 interchange. Bristol is well served by budget airlines, with regular flights to Newcastle, Leeds-Bradford, Scotland and Northern Ireland.

Further details, the full programme and an online booking form are available at

http://www.uwe.ac.uk/library/info/bookings/ebooks/

John Loy
Learning Resources Manager

Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust
Woodside, Callington Road Hospital, Marmalade Lane,
Brislington, Bristol, BS4 5BJ

T: 0117 919 5715 M: 0789 998 8595

Think before emailing - would a conversation be better?

One in four of us experiences a mental health problem. Become a member of our Trust and help influence how we shape mental health services.