From: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2012 4:29 PM
Subject: more coincidental bookings..

March 10th, 3.30, London. The Betsey Trotwood, or The Fox?

OK, I know I'm opening a can of worms here. Probably it's been opened here
before, but I missed it. Don't forgive me, I'm bored.

I've seen Lawrence Upton's views on the "theft" of the name Writers Forum -
i.e. here:

http://www.wfuk.org.uk/blog/?p=601

Reading that post, he appears to me merely right. Stephen Mooney's co-opting
of the name is an injury - what's worse, a gratuitous injury -  that is
constantly renewed so long as it isn't remedied. To which, perhaps, affront
is added by the coincidence of the workshops...

But after all, that's only one side of the story. There are people I admire
in both camps. Is the case for the other side documented? Would anyone like
to summarize it?  Well, enough mischief-making, but I do want enlightenment
(publically or B/c).

Of much greater moment, I would Reallly Really like to get hold of some WF
publications (Cobbing OF COURSE, but others too). And that seems to be
pretty much impossible, unless you attend a workshop in person. At least, no
email or snailmail approach has so far worked for me.  Has anyone else
experienced this difficulty? Or knows another way of acquiring them?

I'm cursing that I missed the Cobbing exhibition at UWE in Bristol. I feel
like that was my big opportunity....