Dear All,

We are having a ‘debate’ with Radiometer, who provide our analysers positioned around the Trust, as to whether the presence of a ‘red’ channel, meaning an analysis is currently unavailable, should render all channels unreliable and thus preclude use of the analyser.

We feel that most of the time this is due to the presence of a clot, given that our users are non-lab staff not necessarily prioritising thorough mixing of the samples, and thus other channels have also potentially been ‘exposed’, whereas Radiometer’s experience is more of a single channel, say, failing calibration and thus are reluctant to ‘lock out’ users or make all channels ‘red’, for what they see as an isolated failure of a channel that the user may not need anyway.

What are the experiences of others please? Do your analysers ‘lock-out’ users, or are you happy to leave analysers ‘up’ when one channel is out of action? Thanks very much,

Liz

Liz Groves (Dr)

Principal Clinical Biochemist

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital

01603 286969 (direct line)

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. This footer also confirms that this
email message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses but this should not be relied upon as a guarantee that the contents are virus free.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifies and with authority,
states them to be the views of the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. The information contained in this e-mail may be subject to public disclosure
under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Unless the information is legally exempt from disclosure, the confidentiality of this e-mail and your reply cannot be guaranteed

------ACB discussion List Information-------- This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry. Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content. ACB Web Site http://www.acb.org.uk Green Laboratories Work http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk List Archives http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ACB-CLIN-CHEM-GEN.html List Instructions (How to leave etc.) http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/