Dear all,

We are pleased to announce that the call for papers is open for the one day
interdisciplinary conference "Rags and Riches: dress and dress accessories
in social context", to be held at the University of Reading on the 21st
April 2012. This conference aims to bring together archaeologists,
anthropologists, historians and others from related disciplines to discuss
current issues of methodology, theory and interpretation of dress and dress
accessories, from prehistory to the present day.

Details about the call for papers can be found at
http://www.reading.ac.uk/archaeology/Events/arch-rags-and-riches-conference.aspx.
We are requesting 300 word abstracts for 20 minute papers on themes
relating to the social context of dress from all periods and regions, which
should be sent to [log in to unmask] The deadline for
submissions is the 17th February 2012.

Announcements will be posted at the web address above, but we can also
found on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/events/212400145506326/) and
twitter (@riches_and_rags).

Apologies for any cross-posting, and we would be very grateful if you
circulate this to anyone you think would be interested.

Kind regards,

Toby Martin (University of Sheffield) and Rosie Weetch (University of
Reading)