Apologies for cross-posting but may I just remind everyone interested in
research and conservation of the archaeology of mining and quarrying in
England, NAMHO has organised two important seminars to take place in
forthcoming weeks. The first will be at Caphouse in Yorkshire on 21st
January and a second will be held at Sidcot in Somerset on 11th February.

The morning sessions will comprise talks by a range of authorities on
relevant topics and, following a buffet lunch (provided free to all
delegates who register in advance), there will be group discussions about
the results of the assessments and the options for future research in
England.  A full programme is now available on the NAMHO Website.

http://www.vmine.net/namho-2010/RESEARCH/CAPHOUSE%20SCHEDULE%2021jan.pdf

http://www.vmine.net/namho-2010/RESEARCH/SIDCOT%20SCHEDULE%2011feb.pdf

HER officers are uniquely placed to contribute on this topic, being very
aware of where the gaps in the data may lie and we would value your
contributions in this debate.

The outcome of our deliberations will help shape English Heritage's thinking
on the topic for years to come so this is a great opportunity and not to be
missed!

If you have not already done so, please register your intention to attend
the event with myself (Project Officer) so that we may estimate for
catering.

Dr Phil Newman MIFA, FSA (NAMHO Project Officer)

07730 978321