HI,
I have been following the thread (Torsten and Donald) about generating second-level difference images for repeated measures analyses and I am still a little unclear as to the correct way to generate these for subsequent input  to the third-level

Of the three second-level options listed below (first two put forward by Torsten) which is correct?

Option 1)                   EV1(scan)  EV2(mean)
                                      1                   1
                                      -1                  1
contrast 1:                     1                   0

Option 2)                   EV1(scan1)  EV2(scan2)
                                         1                   0
                                        0                   1
contrast 1:                        1                  -1

Option3)                    EV1(scan)
                                      1
                                      -1
contrast 1:                     1