From: Society for The Academic Study of Magic [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of mandrake [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2012 2:44 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC] ISSRNC Conference Announcement

On 21/01/2012 20:18, Magliocco, Sabina wrote:

Sabina

This was for a publication couple of years back - A-Z type thing -
assuming it's the same people, apologies if I am traducing -
they'd already decided there was no need to list Crowley, or rather the
"expert" had - presumably because he assumed Crowley has no connection
with nature -
hence my thoughts about presuppositions - happens a lot with Crowley -
people have made up their mind what he thought -
and its hard work to take the debate in another direction.

Of course Crowley wasn't good at writing about nature although he spent
a lot of time in some very elemental landscapes -
i don't think you'd ge t this from existing biogs either - which tend to
regurgitate the same old stories  and indeed presuppositions -
the technocratic interpretation perhaps -
just a thought -

bb/93

Mogg