Survey –Reporting Guidelines for Equity-relevant Systematic Reviews

The Campbell and Cochrane Equity Methods Group invites you to complete a survey (http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/D38NWP3) on the need for reporting guidelines for equity-relevant systematic reviews.  We have identified a significant gap in reporting effectiveness of interventions for poor and vulnerable populations in systematic reviews. One way to improve reporting of facets of specific importance to systematic reviews reporting on inequities is to develop specific reporting guidelines, for example, by extending or amplifying the PRISMA statement (Preferred Reporting Items for Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analyses). Currently PRISMA has no guidance specific to health equity and we are now in the process of developing an equity extension to PRISMA.

We invite you to complete our survey (http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/D38NWP3) on this extension – open for responses until January 5th, 2012. For more information visit our website (www.equity.cochrane.org) or blogs: Speaking of Medicine (PLoSMed), and BMJ.

Links to blogs:
PLoSMed (http://blogs.plos.org/speakingofmedicine/2011/12/09/reporting-guidelines-for-systematic-reviews-that-consider-effects-on-health-equity/)
BMJ (http://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2011/12/08/vivian-welch-david-moher-mark-petticrew-peter-tugwell-reporting-guidelines-for-systematic-reviews-that-consider-effects-on-health-equity/)