Dear Allstatters,

I recently came across the details of a conference being held in Pittsburgh
in June 2012 for the Classification Society
http://www.classification-society.org/clsoc/meeting.php .  Looking at the
speaker schedule for previous conferences, the content appears to be of
great interest to me and I am thinking of attending the 2012 event.
However, I have to confess I have never heard of the Classification Society
and I was wondering if anyone has attended previous conferences.  If so, I
would be grateful for some feedback on the conference itself, how many
people attended and the type of people attending (academics, industrial,
mixed, etc).  I'm trying to decide if the time and expense would be
justified.

Regards

Nigel Marriott

Chartered Statistician

 <http://www.marriott-stats.com/> www.marriott-stats.com

Ground Floor, 21 Marlborough Buildings, Bath BA1 2LY, United Kingdom

Tel (mobile)  +44 (0)773 4069997

Tel (office)    +44 (0)1225 489033

Fax                  +44 (0)870 6221969

Marriott Statistical Consulting Limited, Company No. 5577275, VAT No.
883304029

Registered in England,   Registered Office - Equity House, 4-6 School Road,
Tilehurst, Reading, RG31 5AL

SIGNOFF allstat