Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 16:37:20 -0700
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ZOOARCH] Mystery bone
To: [log in to unmask]

Hi Anne,

I also concur that the fused part is odd. Angelos, do you have access to monk seal comparative material where you are?

Cheers,

Chris

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 4:35 PM, Anne Jensen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
It's a rib, and I agree with Chris it looks like a seal.  I don't know if
there are or were anything but monk seals around there.  The little fused
bit is a bit weird, though.

Anne M. Jensen, PhD, RPA

General Manager/Senior Scientist
UIC Science, LLC
Box 577
Barrow, AK
99723

907-852-0924 (office and messages), 907-852-0931 (Nuvuk Lab), 907-852-5763
(fax), 907-230-8228 (cell)
Replies to:  [log in to unmask]