Dear Martin,

I would recommend using vitamin E capsules and the 'type' option. You
should not normalize your individual structurals, just coregister them
to the template, write down the coordinates of the capsules in those
coregistered images and then use the same images with the 'type'
option to build and coregister the head model. Regarding headshape I
would say that precisely measured 3 points are sufficient for
coregistration whereas headshape usually has some 'wiggle room' and
can only spoil things if you have such a precise measurement of the
fiducials.

Best,

Vladimir