I forgot about that issue.

I usually also change Vo.dt(1) as well.

The available values are the numbers after the equal signs: uint8=2;
int16=4; int32=8; float32=16; float64=64

The best practice would seem to be remove Vo.pinfo and change Vo.dt(1). One
word of caution, if you need the values to be unscaled (e.g. you need a
value of exactly 1 and you know your value is exactly 1), then you want to
make sure you set pinfo(1) to be 1. If you don't care about the scaling,
then you let the program set it.

A further word of caution, if you have values outside of the range of the
datatype, it will be truncated. For example, if dt(1)=2 and pinfo(1)=1,
then a value of 300 will be converted to a value of 255 or 256 -- this
would be bad.

Best Regards, Donald McLaren
=================
D.G. McLaren, Ph.D.
Research Fellow, Department of Neurology, Massachusetts General Hospital
and
Harvard Medical School
Office: (773) 406-2464
=====================
unintentionally, please immediately notify the sender via telephone at
(773)
406-2464 or email.

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 7:08 AM, CARLES M. FALCON FALCON <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> Dear Ce,
> you can use
>
> V0=rmfield(V0,'pinfo')
>
> before callin spm_write_vol
>
> This removes pinfo from V0 structure. When pinfo is not defined,
> spm_write_vols calculates the optimum scale value for the image data type
> and range.
>
> If pinfo is set to 1, you are forcing that the scale factor being 1. In
> data type is integer and your real values are small, you will lose all the
> decimals.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Carles
>
> Ce Mo <[log in to unmask]> ha escrit:
>
>  Dear Bas,
>> &nbsp;
>>
>> Thank you for your insightful comments. The problem has been solved
>> exactly the way you described. ^_^
>> &nbsp;
>>
>> However, I am quite curious about your suggestion here,
>> &nbsp;
>>
>> "Also make sure the scaling is not off when using spm_write_vol. In your
>> Vo handle, this is implicitely stored as the optimal intensity scaling
>> for your previous image, which might not be good for your new data."
>> &nbsp;
>> &nbsp;I noticed that&nbsp;there is not an explicit parameter for that in
>> the&nbsp;spm_write_vol function. So how do I turn&nbsp;on the scaling when
>> using spm_write_vol?
>> &nbsp;
>>
>> Many thanks and best regards,
>> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;**&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;**&nbsp;&nbsp;
>> Ce

>>> Vo = spm_vol(char(Canonical));% For simplicity, apply the input elements
>>> Vo.fname = Res; % change name