Hi Hidayath,

I have met similar troubles to yours. It could be caused by low contrast of
your T1 images where GM and WM were hardly separable, or by bad
orientation. For the latter case, you may reoriente you T1 images using
SPM. Below is what SPM manual tells:

" Segmentation can sometimes fail if the source (structural) image is not
close in orientation to the MNI templates. It is generally advisable to
manually orient the structural to match the template (ie MNI space) as
close as possible by using the "Display" button, adjusting
x/y/z/pitch/roll/yaw, and then pressing the "Reorient" button. "

Hope it help.

Best,
Zhenhao

-----

Zhenhao SHI
Culture and Social Cognitive Neuroscience Lab
Department of Psychology
Peking University
5 Yiheyuan Road
Beijing 100871, P.R.China