I would have been Veronica, as in Veronica Giuliani (sp?). I really don't think the saint's day has anything at all to do with choice of name. Ancestors seem to be more important in that area.Corrections welcome.MG

Marjorie Greene

http://medrelart.shutterfly.com/

--- On Tue, 11/29/11, Revd Gordon Plumb <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Revd Gordon Plumb <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [M-R] Feasts and Saints of the Day: November 29
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Tuesday, November 29, 2011, 2:43 PM

Had my parents looked to the day my birth I would have been baptised
Barnabas - as it is my father chose Gordon because Gordon Richards, the
famous jockey, won a big race that day!

Gordon Plumb

  Question: is it common to
  choose a saint from the ones celebrated on a person’s natal day? Not being
  either Catholic or Orthodox, I wondered if my parents would have looked over
  all of today’s saints and chosen one for me because of the date, rather than
  for the saint’s attributes or some other criteria (forgive the incoherence,
  I’m still waiting for cold meds to unscramble my brains).

  Terri Morgan
to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]

to: [log in to unmask]