They= Medievalists pertaining to left party ideologies (mainly but not only, from Eastern regions of Spain).
The rest, still love to speak about "RECONQUISTA".

Teresa.

On 10 Nov, 2011,at 07:15 PM, Christopher Crockett <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Teresa Huguet-Termes <[log in to unmask]>

> The problem, as far as I know...is not so much the "conquista" part of the
word, but the "re". Now they

who?

>call it just "Conquista" because some people think that before the
"Conquista" nothing was owned deeply or completely enough by anybody so as to
be reconquered.

yes, those Visigoths were never really into the whole Property Thing very
much, and they were actually happy to just gave it all up when the Umayyad's
asked them, nicely (s.v.p.).

see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umayyad_conquest_of_Hispania

otherwise known as "The Requesta."