Dear All,

The RSS is currently asking all of its sections to look at their remit and
as part of this we are asked to provide a history of the section.  As
secretary of the RSS Medical section I sat to complete this form only to
realise that I have no idea when the medical section began!

Paul Gentry has records back to 1987 on the section and I do know that we
have held 137 committee meetings (therefore assuming there are approximatley
4 a year this would give us a first meeting in 1977).  However, I was
wondering if there is anyone who can provide a more definitive date?  Would
also be interested to receive any other information on the history of the
section (members, meeting titles etc).   I have a complete record post 2005
but nothing before this.

Thanks,

Gordon

Dr Gordon Taylor