From: Justin McKeown <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thu, November 10, 2011 2:12:55 AM
Subject: Re: [ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC] SV: [ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC] SV:
[ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC] Mark Benyon 'historian'

You know, people who have invisible friends should be very careful when debating
the line between fact and fiction. As a friend of mine once remarked: 'point to
something outside your imagination'.

Poetry is banality intensified. And poetry - in the broadest sesnse - is not
necessarily the pursuit of truth and therefore shouldn't be judged by the same
criteria. Some people  consider poetry to exist in relations between events and
people and not just words one a page. This kind of poetry, especially those
works that refuse to identify themselves as works of art are frequently - to me
at least - the most beautiful. I love fake histories and I think the criteria
for how we assess them is more akin to the criteria we may apply to an artwork
than anything else.

Very interesting debate to  read.

Thanks,

Justin