I never though I would live to see this day. Now we must wait for the Presidential decree (on Friday most likely) and the response of judges and prosecutors in the coming weeks.

Two more substantial links:

http://ladiaria.com/articulo/2011/10/imprescriptible/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/27/uruguay-dirty-war-amnesty_n_1034677.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000008

Also, in neighboring Argentina, the sentences out from the ESMA cases came out, with many life sentences (cadena perpetua) for infamous torturers like Astiz, el Angel de la Muerte, part of the group responsible for the disappearance of the French Nuns, Azucena Villaflor, Dagmar Hagelin.... and many Uruguayan victims as well.
Pagina 12 and major press agencies cry the important news for the region.

Gabriela