Hi Marc
we'd love to come... but for those of us afar, will you post a report?
The copyright debate this month has much food for thought... though we welcome suggestions for other themes of the month for the coming months too!
Sarah

On 19 Oct 2011, at 12:10, marc garrett wrote:

> Being that the theme relates to Curating and New Media, I thought it worth posting the details of the event on the Crumb list...
>
> Wishing all well.
>
> marc
>
> www.furtherfield.org
>
> ------------------------->
>
> 20 October – Special Event – Collaborative Curating and New Media.
>
> Centre for Creative Collaboration, 16 Acton Street, King’s Cross
> http://doc.gold.ac.uk/thethursdayclub/?p=488
>
> Panel discussing issues chaired by Irini Papadimitriou,
>
> Eleanor Dare and Lee Weinberg  (http://www.wix.com/Vains_Pro/VAINS),  Ruth Catlow and Marc Garrett (Furtherfield  artists:online media arts Community and Ele Carpenter , Curating, Goldsmiths
>
> Eleanor Dare and Lee Weinberg are interested in in the role of embodiment and subjectivity within digital contexts, particularly within the context of programming for the arts. What does programming bring to the arts, how does it change the materiality and ontology of artistic output and conception? Through VAINS (the Visual
>
> Art Interpretation and Navigation System) we explore and offer medium-specific tools for investigating computational artworks. We also bring to this practice an investigation
>
> of the ways in which subjectivity and embodiment might be acknowledged and
>
> deployed within so-called virtual contexts. Together we have developed both software and methodological initiatives that constructively confront curation within a digital domain.
>
> *Marc Garrett – Co-Founder & Co-Director*
>
> Marc is an artist, curator, writer, activist, educator and musician. Emerging in the late 80s, early nineties using agit-art tactics from the streets, exploring creativity via unofficial, experimental art platforms such as pirate radio and digital bulletin boards (BBS). Dedicated to exploring arts and various forms of social & technological hacking. Marc hosts a weekly radio show for Furtherfield on Resonance FM and is principle editor, coordinating the team of writers in their review of contemporary media art and cultural context on the Internet. He has written and co-edited various publications on the subject of media art such as the popular Artists
> Re: Thinking Games. He co-curates exhibitions and residencies, is (slack) moderator for the Netbehaviour email list. Marc is currently studying his PhD at Birkbeck University on the theme of Art, Technology and Social Change.
>
> *Ruth Catlow – Co-Founder & Co-Director*

> [...]

----
please mind the footer which the university automatically inserts on all emails i send through this account...

Visit www.sunderland.ac.uk/tv to see the University's new TV ads