Quoting "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>:

> The proposed workplan is:
>
> 1. Define bibliographic modeling entities as a RDF vocabularies
> (properties and
> classes).

Does this mean that this group should create new bibliographic models?
Or that it should define current models in RDF? (e.g. FRBR, FRAD)

The former seems quite ambitious, but if the latter, I would say that
the agencies that developed the models should take that
responsibility. Of course, they can out-source it to this group or
anyone else with RDF skills, but I think the responsibility lies with
the maintainers of the model and showed be "owned" by them.

> 2. Identify in-line value vocabularies as candidates for publication
> in RDFS or
> SKOS.

Again, defining them in RDFS or SKOS seems to be a role for the
vocabulary maintenance agencies, but it would be helpful to have a
forum for encouraging those agencies based on need. This fits with the
recommendations of the W3C LLD Incubator group (which will be
published in the next few weeks).

> 3. Develop DC Application Profiles to meet the needs of individual
> standards and
> support their interoperability.

The DCAP definitely needs some work. I think bibliographic
applications are a good test case for it, but it would also be helpful
to have some non-bibliographic applications that it also needs to
address so that the end result isn't skewed. (Maybe it's just the hill
I am standing on, but it does seem that bibliographic data is charging
ahead other other data types.)

> 4. Identify and develop appropriate semantic links between elements and value
> vocabularies in the RDA, FR family, ISBD, DCT, and other bibliographic
> namespaces.

I'm assuming that all links have a creator, and that in the LD world
there will be many links representing the views of many different
creators. Who will be the creator of these links? DC? the TG? (This
reminds me of PICS, the standard for tagging sites .)

kc

--
Karen Coyle
[log in to unmask] http://kcoyle.net