If you say so, Patrick; if you say so

You're nearer than you think in some ways, with people believing in what's
on paper more than what they can see

I can't remember if it was me or my friend, but one of us said as we drove
round a corner, well that's wrong! meaning that whatever it was it could
not be found on the map

*

an electronic map of scilly showed the ferry for an island coming in at
the 100 year old disused life boat slip

there wasn't enough water for most of the day

i emailed them because it annoyed me and then i chased them and they said
they couldnt do anything  because they couldnt get anyone to confirm it

no tide tables then?

what?

have you asked the duchy? they just extended the real quay

what?

*

i wanted to check the name of an area recently, I just couldn't remember
it - i was revising a landscape thing and had _named it_ on the page by a
personal reference quite inappropriate to publication

looked on google which showed me there is nothing there

i.e. not a town, not a point of sale

*

i may have mentioned here the story (i didnt hear it directly) of the
woman who went into an island P O and asked _where is the nearest M & S?

Truro, says the owner

No, says the inquirer, I'm asking seriously

and so they get off and look around and say _there's nothing here_

*

and so with their work

if it isn't on a screen or the one piece of paper they are holding then it
doesnt exist for them... no imagination, no interest

oh lord smite thine enemies

good afternoon

-----
----