-----Original Message-----
From: PhD-Design - This list is for discussion of PhD studies and related
research in Design [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Aviaja
Borup
Sent: Tuesday, 20 September 2011 9:26 PM
To: Dr Terence Love
Subject: Spamferences?

Hi list members,
I write this post in relation to spamferences as I hope the large amount of
expertise from all the members can perhaps help this landscape of
conferences and journals to become more transparent.

I am a danish PhD student who have been following and enjoying this list for
the past year. I was about to write a paper for the Design Principles and
Practices conference as I thought it looked interesting, but I am now a bit
concerned for multiple reasons:
	- There is a spam report on the publishing company in the chronicle
	- The CEO of the company is presenting their business model at
YouTube about paying for getting things published (as I understand it)
	- A person from the advisory board didn't even know of the
conference
	- None of my colleagues have heard of the conference/journal before.

I therefore turn to this list for your experience with the
conference/journal. The advisory board looks like this:

International Advisory Board
Genevieve Bell – Intel Corporation, Santa Clara, USA.
Michael Biggs – University of Hertfordshire, Hertfordshire, UK.
Thomas Binder – Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts, Copenhagen, Denmark.
Jeanette Blomberg – IBM Almaden Research Center, San Jose, USA.
Eva Brandt – Danmark Designskole, Copenhagen, Denmark.
Peter Burrows – RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia.
Monika Bόscher – Lancaster University, Lancaster, UK.
Bill Cope – University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, USA
Patrick Dillon – Exeter University, Exeter, UK.
Michael Gibson – University of North Texas, Denton, USA.
Loredana Di Lucchio, Sapienza Universita di Roma, Rome, Italy.
Judith Gregory – IIT Institute of Design, Chicago, USA; University of Oslo,
Oslo, Norway.
Tracy S. Harris – The American Institute of Architects, Washington, D.C.,
USA
Clive Holtham – City of London University, London, UK.
Lorenzo Imbesi, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada.
Hiroshi Ishii – MIT Media Lab, Cambridge, USA.
Gianni Jacucci – University of Trento, Trento, Italy.
Mary Kalantzis – University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, USA.
Klaus Krippendorff – University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA.
Terence Love – Curtin University, Perth, Australia.
Bill Lucas – MAYA Fellow, MAYA Design, Inc., Pittsburgh, USA.
Ezio Manzini – Politecnico of Milano, Milan, Italy.
Mario Minichiello, Birmingham Institute of Art and Design, Birmingham, UK.
Julian Orr – Work Practice & Technology Associates, Pescadero, USA.
Mahendra Patel – Leaf Design, Mumbai, India.
Toni Robertson – University of Technology Sydney, Sydney, Australia.
Terry Rosenberg – Goldsmiths, University of London, London, UK.
Keith Russell – University of Newcastle, Callaghan, Australia.
Liz Sanders – Make Tools, USA.
Maria Cecilia Loschiavo dos Santos – University of Sγo Paulo, Sγo Paulo,
Brazil.
Lucy Suchman – Lancaster University, Lancaster, UK.
Ina Wagner – Technical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria.
Perhaps there are more people who where not aware of being in this board? Or
maybe it is a good conference with this fine advisory board? Please help me
out!

Thank you,
Aviaja Borup Lynggaard

Aviaja Borup