Hello,

For the conference that I am organising next January in Paris, and
that some of you already know, I would be very grateful if you could
help me with the following.
I would like to devote a day to the "big picture" : it has been a
strange year, with Fukushima and the (un)sustainability of our energy
production, the Arab "revolutions", the economical collapse of Europe
etc. Nothing that has so much to do, in direct terms, with design as
we deal with it on a daily basis. But not anything that the
profession can ignore either, as they are likely to reshape societies
in deep.
Quite close in fact, to the approach of Mau and the Institute without
boundaries that gave birth to the book "massive change".

So the question is : do you have in mind any initiative that :
1/ has been designed to address one societal challenge (not a
technical one, unless there is a scale effect), whether it is local
or regional or even broader is not important,
2/ is built on a paradigm that, in your view, embeds some kind of
"design thinking" (lets keep it loose here) : e.g. in its development
(participation, for instance), its governance, its economical model
etc.;
3/ has achieved some results and is sustainable.

I'd be grateful if, in such case, you could give me some information
(e.g. website, contact person...).

Best regards,

Jean

Jean Schneider
Chargé de projet APCI / Project manager APCI
[log in to unmask]  +33(0)661 350 357
www.apci.asso.fr