I have written an update on the digital infrastructure issues around the OER programme

This only scratches the surface of the sorts of issues projects have been exploring, but I found it useful to revisit my thinking from last year. CETIS’s synthesis activities will dig into the evidence of what is happening in the programme http://blogs.cetis.ac.uk/johnr/2011/08/26/ukoer2techsynthesis/ , and no doubt produce some interesting commentary too.

I’m aware of a wide spectrum of technology practices around OER, almost like a matrix of individual<->institutional and tightcontrol<->loosecontrol, and I think articulating these would be helpful to understanding the choices required.

Comments on John’s draft tech synthesis posts and on my update post would be very welcome.

Amber Thomas

Programme Manager, Information Environment Team, JISC Innovation Group

JISC Executive, University of Bristol 2nd Floor, Beacon House, Queens Road, Bristol, BS8 1QU

Email: [log in to unmask]

Website: www.jisc.ac.uk

Skype: amber_thomas

Mobile: +44(0)7920 534933