Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10054, phase=RECEIVE, target=212.247.6.19:2306). The server is probably not started. JISCMail - LIS-ILL Archives

I'm fairly new to document supply...I've noticed that libraries tend not to lend multimedia material (the forum for interlending list it as 'generally excluded from the inter library loans scheme'), and I wondered why that is?
We have quite a collection of multimedia that we're occasionally asked for, and I think our default position should be to lend, but I worry that I'm missing something. (if it's in a short loan collection or fragile, that's obviously a different case).
Our copyright officer can't think of a reason. Our one remaining docs person from the longstanding team isn't sure why.
Is there a reason why we tend not to lend multimedia items to each  other? I'd welcome some knowledge on the subject (and apologies if I'm the only ILL librarian who doesn't know why) .
Many thanks,
Beth

Beth Hardy
Customer Services Manager
Enquiry Services and Brotherton Library
The Brotherton Library
University of Leeds
LS2 9JT

T 0113 343 6388
E [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Consider the environment. Please don't print this email unless you really need to.