Dear colleagues,

A quick alert - sorry for any duplication of emails.

Through my NTF initiative I have worked to introduce the labyrinth as a reflective resource in HE. This has meant working with a real labyrinth – unlike a maze, it’s a single, convoluted path with no high walls. Laid out on the ground, as (for example) a temporary installation using a canvas labyrinth, this provides a quiet, meditative space, for students and staff. It can be used as a resource to deepen reflection and foster creativity and has proved a peaceful and enjoyable resource at a number of conferences and student/staff events.

Those of you who have enjoyed the labyrinth installations at (for example) ANTF, HEA, LDHEN and SEDA events, and others who are interested in this reflective resource, may be interested in this re-scheduled pair of events. This has been reorganised at short notice due to a venue difficulty, and is now scheduled to take place at Trinity Hospice, Bispham, Blackpool (which has its own outdoor labyrinth).

For clarity, I should add that these events are organised by Veriditas, an American non-profit organisation; my own involvement is as a volunteer, part of the UK-based planning group. The fees are in US dollars as booking is through Veriditas; the fee for the facilitator training is that charged by Veriditas wherever in the world they offer this training.

Places are limited so if you would like to be there, do book. The one-day workshop on October 14 is an excellent introduction and, though a free-standing event, is a pre-requisite for anyone wanting to undertake the facilitator training on October 15-16. Or you can simply consider it as a well-deserved breathing space…

Warmest wishes,

Jan