From: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Woodman, Sandra
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2011 3:18 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [FSL] DTI processing differences between 2008 and now?

Hi all,

We have encountered something with our DTI data and are wondering if
anyone else has seen the same thing and if it has an impact on our data.
We have been working on a DTI analysis dataset for a few years (a lot of
methods development work went into this particular study), and we have
recently noticed that the FA maps that were unpacked and preprocessed in
October 2008 look, to the bare eye, brighter overall than those processed
in October 2009 and later. We tried loading them into the freesurfer
tkmedit tool and we did not see much of a difference, so we are wondering
if this is simply a visualization issue. We realize that there may have
been changes in the version of FSL during this time and/or the software
programs themselves, and want to be sure that the data analyzed earlier
has been treated in the same way as that which was analyzed later.

In addition, we have run tractography on this dataset, and there seem to
be more log files in the bedpostx log directory in the sessions that were
run more recently. So we are also wondering if something has changed in
the bedpostx program between October 2008 and October 2009 that affects
the tractography data.

Thank you!

Sandra

e-mail
HelpLine at
http://www.partners.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was sent to you in
error
but does not contain patient information, please contact the sender and
properly
dispose of the e-mail.