Spot on Maartje!

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 7:26 AM, Swennen, M.H.J. <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Dear all,

To be honest: the single idea that will make the biggest impact is when all the different parties involved in healthcare finally realize that they ALL have one ultimate goal in common: to offer the best quality for patient care.

Quality involves effectiveness (what this list is all passionate about)...
but also efficiency (yes; the 'dirty' word MONEY, but who would not want money to be spent with great care to offer the best care to as many people as possible????)...
safety, accessibility, etc....

I believe we need to finally realize what our role is in the 'big picture' and see that other parties do not want to interfere with our role. Instead, we could open our eyes and discover that all other parties involved want to contribute to the bigger picture from their own perspective. If everyone is only prepared to see things from their own perspective, you create 'we against them' instead of integrating every perspective for the sake of the ultimate goal.

BW, Maartje Swennen

M.H.J. Swennen, MD MSc
PhD Fellow, Julius Centre
Advisor, Executive Board