This is because the DICOM conversion only deals with data that has an
image plane module.  On page 125 of
ftp://medical.nema.org/medical/dicom/2011/11_03pu.pdf , it shows you
that CT, MR and PET have this information, but NM data does not.  The
information in the image plane module is described on pages 408 to
411, and says where the slices actually are in space.

There are a few other DICOM converters out there, and it is possible
that you may have more success using one of these.  See eg NITRC (
http://www.nitrc.org/ ) or http://idoimaging.com .

Best regards,
-John