Hi Catherine

Great idea. I don’t know if it will be a great deal of help but I’ve collected all the internships I’ve posted over the last two years to the science communication jobs blog. Although all are out of date (except for the AMRC Policy Officer one which closes on 5 September) I think it’s reasonable to assume that if an organisation’s offered an internship before they may do so again.

Not sure if you’re looking only at paid or both (hoping not to fire up that argument again!) but have separated them out according to reimbursement.

Jo

Paid internships (or some stipend / bursary)
AMRC - Policy Officer intern – PAID – closing 5 September 2011

http://scicommjobs.posterous.com/job-6mo-amrc-policy-officer-intern-141k-clos

European Food Information Commission (EUFIC) - PAID

http://scicommjobs.posterous.com/intern-science-communications-internship-in-b

Naked Scientists - radio - PAID
http://scicommjobs.posterous.com/intern-for-undergraduates-become-a-naked-scie

BMJ - Group Editorial / multimedia intern x2 - PAID
http://scicommjobs.posterous.com/job-bmj-group-editorial-intern-paid-clos-17-j

http://scicommjobs.posterous.com/job-bmj-group-multimedia-intern-6mo-contract

Arthritis Care Media - PR / Information / Policy interns x3 - PAID
http://scicommjobs.posterous.com/paid-intern-2-of-3-arthritis-care-media-pr-in

http://scicommjobs.posterous.com/paid-intern-1-of-3-arthritis-care-information
http://scicommjobs.posterous.com/paid-internship-3-of-3-arthritis-care-policy

Centre for Ecology & Hydrology - PAID
http://scicommjobs.posterous.com/job-scicomm-vacancy-intern-centre-for-ecology

Nature intern - PAID

http://scicommjobs.posterous.com/job-scicomm-nature-internship-closes-15-nov

Expenses only, unpaid, or payment status unknown
British Science Association
http://scicommjobs.posterous.com/job-closing-soon-british-science-association

Society of Biology - no info available
http://scicommjobs.posterous.com/internship-society-of-biology-internship-in-p

Heidelberg - Communications intern (£?)
http://scicommjobs.posterous.com/further-details-on-job-heidelberg-communicati

MediKidz - Editorial / PR intern
http://scicommjobs.posterous.com/job-medikidz-editorialpr-internship-vacancy-t

At-Bristol - Learning intern

http://scicommjobs.posterous.com/unpaid-internship-at-bristol-learning-intern

Diabetes UK - Research Communications intern
http://scicommjobs.posterous.com/intern-diabetes-uk-research-communications-in

Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research - Press Office intern
http://scicommjobs.posterous.com/intern-leukaemia-and-lymphoma-research-press

Breast Cancer Campaign - Policy and Public Affairs intern
http://scicommjobs.posterous.com/job-breast-cancer-campaign-intern-no-salary-c

Breast Cancer Campaign - Public Affairs intern
http://scicommjobs.posterous.com/internship-breast-cancer-campaign-public-affa

Breast Cancer Care - FOUR internships (1 press, 3 policy)
http://scicommjobs.posterous.com/four-internships-breast-cancer-care-press-clo

I believe Cancer Research UK (and I’m sure many other charities) have similar internship schemes.

Jo Brodie

Science Information Officer (Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays)

Our Careline receives over 30,000 calls, letters and emails each year, providing emotional support, diabetes information or simply a chance to talk things through.

Staffed by trained counsellors, it is the only dedicated diabetes helpline in the UK.

Careline
: 0845 120 2960 : Monday to Friday : 9am – 5pm : [log in to unmask]

Diabetes UK

Macleod House, 10 Parkway, London NW1 7AA

Email: [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]

Web: http://www.diabetes.org.uk