Colleagues - I'm sure most of your attention is currently being diverted by urban riots, or more happily holidays, or less happily, preparing for resit marking and upcoming teaching, but the 'hackgate' story hasn't gone away. Some of you may have come across, via Twitter, this remarkable analysis of the Murdoch empire by Michael Wolff in Adweek. But if you haven't you can access it at http://www.adweek.com/news/advertising-branding/how-bad-news-corp-133928

I hope we can still have a meeting to discuss these and other matters, on  22nd Sept, despite clashes with other things - still haven't heard back fom Martin Moore, but please keep the  date free.

best

Maire

Máire Messenger Davies, PhD, FRSA, Emerita Professor, Media Studies
Centre for Media Research, School of Media, Film and Journalism
University of Ulster, Cromore Rd, Coleraine BT52 1SA, Northern Ireland, UK
Telephone: +44(0)2870124069
www.arts.ulster.ac.uk/media/cmr.html <http://www.arts.ulster.ac.uk/media/cmr.html>
email: [log in to unmask]; twitter:@mairemd <mailto:[log in to unmask];%20twitter:@mairemd>
LATEST BOOK - 'Children, Media & Culture' http://www.openup.co.uk/children_media