Dear All

We're putting together a series of low cost table top activities that can be enjoyed by children adn family groups to accompany an exhibtion about megaliths and stone age people.

We've got a variety of activities already sorted aournd the theme of archaeology including some games and handling stuff and some make and take activities (mask making, coil pots, puppet making, rock art) but are after some more ideas.

The criteria is they need to be relatively low cost, can be used in an unsupervised manner in a gallery space and involve parent and child.

If anyone has any ideas that they have used and worked well I'd be really grateful to hear. Has anyone had a jewellery making activity which worked well. We're keen to include one but are wondering how we can do this without all the beads/shells etc being used up very quickly!!! Does anyone know of a supplier of beads etc which could pass for stone age?!

Any help gratefully received

Jane Frederick