Dear all,

I would like genuinely to thank all the people who responded on my questions and provided me with some really useful information.
Please find below a list of information on museum learning programmes to engage children with disabilities and special educational needs. Surely for some of you can be useful.

Mary Rose Trust
http://www.maryrose.org/learning/localoutreach.htm

Dover Museum - The museum delivers workshops  to primary
schools which can be tailored to disabled pupils.

Eureka!National Children's Museum - Break to Play,  a programme for families
who have a child with Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) to experience play based
activities at Eureka! The National Children’s Museum.

Northampton Museums Service - develop a multi-sensory museum loans box designed for children with SEN.  http://www.learningmatters2u.co.uk/Case_Studies_files/In%20the%20Picture%20Sensory%20Loans%20Box_2.pdf

Staffordshire County Council within the programme 'Aiming High for Disabled Children and Young People in Staffordshire
provided training to staff which looked at both Disability Awareness and Listening and Communication.

Geffrye Museum - SEN programme integrated on their normal activities in the museum including strong partnership with special schools.

Hope that will be helpful and once again thanks so much for your time.

All the best,
Irida

Irida Ntalla
PhD Candidate
Schools of Arts, Cultural Policy and Management
tel: 07794559870