Roberto and Lucia,

Two quick additional comments:
(1) A-fixation and B-fixation would be sufficient for using as the DV and IV
respectively. This would allow one to control for B (e.g. houses) when
looking at the relation between cognitive score and A (e.g. faces). This
allows addresses the issue of relationship being multiplicative as opposed
to additive.

(2) The statement that this cannot be done in SPM and has to be done at the
ROI level is wrong. Download the SPM extension Biological Parametric Mapping
(http://fmri.wfubmc.edu/software/Bpm) and you can build your multiple
regression model with your cognitive measure and contrast B (e.g. houses) as
IV that vary at each voxel.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards, Donald McLaren
D.G. McLaren, Ph.D.