Dear Christopher,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I did some digging after posting and think that it is likely what I want is
parametric modulation with order=0 (or is it one?).

The analysis I want to perform can be summerised by this:

   1. Using a mask, get the average value for an ROI for each time point
   2. Put this value in as a condition in first level analysis.

I think you and I have the same idea: Do a parametric modulation, i.e.:
SPM.Session(s).U(i).P= struct('name', 'weight', 'P', <weights array>, 'h',
'0', or on the SPM UI: Name, values and Polynomial Expansion respectively. I
am using order 0 polynomial because we only have a weight, i.e., a constant.

Is this the way to approach it?

Many thanks in advance and best regards
Cinly

--
Best Regards,
Cinly

*****
Don't bother with footer please. I don't read them and will not be bounded
by them.
It cannot be enforced legally anyway. If it can, then remember this: This
footer always triumph yours.

--
Best Regards,
Cinly