This book may be of interest (I have deleted attachment)

Rosemary Hayes
----- Original Message -----
From: Eyal Poleg
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2011 1:34 PM
Subject: Practice of the Bible: promotional code

FYI

Begin forwarded message:

  Dear Contributors,
  Our book is now available for sale. The press invites us to post notices on any listservs you subscribe to that your new book is now available for sale, and also post notifications on facebook, twitter, academia.edu, linkedin, or other social media sites you use.
  The webpage for your book is http://www.cup.columbia.edu/book/978-0-231-14826-9/the-practice-of-the-bible-in-the-middle-ages
  Anyone who uses the promo code “PRABO” to buy the book from the Columbia University Press site will receive a 30% discount off the price of the book. Please feel free to pass this information along. It really works: I added the site and promotional code to my Facebook page and within literally seconds, a medievalist I know wrote to say she would order it right away.

  Please mention to your colleagues and friends the potential uses of this book in teaching; we hope it will be adopted for courses.

  Attached here are the flyers the press provided when the book was still forthcoming. The UK one has the price in pounds. The publication date is listed as September, which is incorrect, so I may ask them for a corrected flyer. Your authors' copies will be mailed to you by the press this summer. If you wish to request printed flyers, please write to Meredith Howard, [log in to unmask]

  We have scheduled two book-launch events: the first is on September 9 in New York City, at the Museum of Biblical Art (1965 Broadway, at 61st Street), at 6 pm. Laura Light and Diane Reilly will speak. The second event is a presentazione on November 16, in the Aula Magna at John Cabot University in Rome, at 6:30 pm (thanks to Lila Yawn for organizing this). Speakers will include Consuelo Dutschke, Emilia di Rocco, Lila Yawn, Diane Reilly, and myself. You are all welcome to join us at these events or to organize other ones as you wish.

  With best wishes and many thanks for your contributions to the volume.

  Susan Boynton

Dr Eyal Poleg

British Academy Postdoctoral Fellow
The Centre for the History of the Book
University of Edinburgh

FYI

Begin forwarded message:

> Dear Contributors,
> Our book is now available for sale. The press invites us to post notices on any listservs you subscribe to that your new book is now available for sale, and also post notifications on facebook, twitter, academia.edu, linkedin, or other social media sites you use.
> The webpage for your book is http://www.cup.columbia.edu/book/978-0-231-14826-9/the-practice-of-the-bible-in-the-middle-ages
> Anyone who uses the promo code “PRABO” to buy the book from the Columbia University Press site will receive a 30% discount off the price of the book. Please feel free to pass this information along. It really works: I added the site and promotional code to my Facebook page and within literally seconds, a medievalist I know wrote to say she would order it right away.
>
> Please mention to your colleagues and friends the potential uses of this book in teaching; we hope it will be adopted for courses.
>
> Attached here are the flyers the press provided when the book was still forthcoming. The UK one has the price in pounds. The publication date is listed as September, which is incorrect, so I may ask them for a corrected flyer. Your authors' copies will be mailed to you by the press this summer. If you wish to request printed flyers, please write to Meredith Howard, [log in to unmask]
>
> We have scheduled two book-launch events: the first is on September 9 in New York City, at the Museum of Biblical Art (1965 Broadway, at 61st Street), at 6 pm. Laura Light and Diane Reilly will speak. The second event is a presentazione on November 16, in the Aula Magna at John Cabot University in Rome, at 6:30 pm (thanks to Lila Yawn for organizing this). Speakers will include Consuelo Dutschke, Emilia di Rocco, Lila Yawn, Diane Reilly, and myself. You are all welcome to join us at these events or to organize other ones as you wish.
>
> With best wishes and many thanks for your contributions to the volume.
>
> Susan Boynton

Dr Eyal Poleg

British Academy Postdoctoral Fellow
The Centre for the History of the Book
University of Edinburgh

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]